Thursday, January 27, 2011

Roasted Salmon


I love Salmon. In fact, I would it eat like...everyday if I had the chance. I grew up with a dad and a grandpa who fished in the Northwest...home of the most amazing salmon. After summer fishing trips our garage freezers would be stocked full of cod, salmon and halibut. All vacuum packed to perfection. My dad doesn't often cook. Although, we do have home video of him teaching Jay-Bird(Andrew) and I to make oatmeal. But, his cedar planked salmon is absolutely insane, it is so good. Every major occasion and party calls for this treat! The following recipe doesn't quite compare, but it is a great little dinner.
Perhaps I am biased, but I only purchase wild-caught Pacific Salmon. None of that Norwegian, Atlantic or God-forbid ANYTHING farm raised. I know I have taken a stand against farm-raised seafood before...but I just have to reiterate. JUST SAY NO... Do you really want to eat seafood that might have been fed corn or chicken feces?? Might have added chemicals for color??Have WAY less Omega -3s???
I didn't think so. Buy wild-caught!!The way God intended, I think:)
I'll get off my soap box now:)

Roasted Salmon with Mustard, Bread Crumbs and Greens

Ingredients:
2 salmon fillets, skin on
1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/3 c bread crumbs, homemade or store bought
Salt, pepper and olive oil
Zest from 1 lemon
Juice from 1/2 salmon
2 tablespoons parsley, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon chopped scallions

Preheat oven to 425.

On baking sheet lined with foil, lay out fillets. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread 1/2 of the mustard on each fillets. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Zest lemon over fillets. Then squeeze juice over fillets. Sprinkle 1/2 of the parsley on the fillets. Roast for about 10 minutes or until fillets are cooked through.
Serve with lemon wedges, and another sprinkling of chopped parsley and the scallions.

No comments:

Post a Comment