Thursday, January 20, 2011

Quick Dinner

Last night was snowy and Brian and I didn't get home until after 7. I almost resorted to my old days of laziness and ordered a pizza. However I did have pork thawed in my sink, so I figured I might as well whip something up. This is a really simple and easy recipe you can make in a hurry when you don't have a ton of time or energy. It's not fancy, but has great flavor.

Serves about 3
about 2/3 pork tenderloin, cut into cubes
2 small heads of broccolli, seperated
1/2 head cauliflower, seperated
2 large garlic cloves, smashed then chopped
2 scallions (white and green parts), chopped
1 tablespoon ginger, grated over pork
Red pepper flakes, to taste
Soy Sauce
Olive oil, kosher salt, pepper

Steam the broccoli and cauliflower, over boiling water. (A great way to tell if it's done is if it is bright green but still has a slight firmness. No one likes soggy broc.)
Heat a deep skillet with olive oil. When the pan is hot add the cubed pork, along with the garlic and some salt and pepper. Begin to grate ginger over pork. Drizzle a splash of soy sauce over the pork. Let cook until browned on all sides, and cooked thru. Add the cooked broccolli and cauliflower to the pan with a few spoonfuls of steaming water and one more tablespoon of soy sauce. (Not too much water and soy sauce thought!!)Stir in chopped scallions, red pepper flakes and season with additional salt and pepper.Serve in bowls. Eat:)

1 comment:

  1. Technically this only serves 2 because it was so good I ate the other serving.

    ReplyDelete