Thursday, April 14, 2011

Meatball Subs


I can't even begin to tell you how crazy busy it has been around here. Sorry I have been a lame(once again) poster!! I have a ton of pics of recipes I have yet to upload. The good news is I just got a call from the Buddhist Monk (seriously) that fixed my Mac and I should have it TODAY!! YAY! Can't wait for my little white laptop to come home and for iphoto and everything else Apple related. I am so thankful for the nice monk who repaired my "Failing" hard drive and recovered all the lost data! Posting should be better and more frequent in the coming weeks! I also apologize for how BORING the blog has been lately. I am going to be adding funny stories from my kitchen and my life and recommended products to the site. :)

On to cooking, if you can call it that. I try to have a few "make ahead" meals in my freezer for quick un-thawing and dinner making when I don't feel like cooking or I am short on time. A while back I froze meatballs and marinara sauce. I didn't feel ike making the usual spaghetti and meatballs so I thawed the meatballs and marinara, cooked 'em up and served it all atop demi-baguettes with melted provolone and fresh basil. Such a quick and filling meal!!

For the Meatballs (turkey)
For the Marinara
Additional Ingredients:
demi-baguettes (1 per person)
provolone cheese(1-2 slices per person)
1 small bunch fresh basil, chopped or left whole

Prepare the meatballs and marinara or use previously frozen meatballs and marinara. If you are in a big time crunch a reputable jarred marinara (Mario Batali's brand is a good one) will do.

Slice 2 demi-baguettes (Smalller single serve baguette) in half. Place 3-4 meatballs on the subs. Spoon marinara over the meatballs on the baguettes. Place 2 slices of provolone on top of sauce and meatballs and place basil on top. Place in broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Note: If you are on a diet I would not suggest making this:)

No comments:

Post a Comment