Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lemon Chicken Breasts

Brian and I have been so busy these past few weeks that there has been a lack of food in our fridge. I was dreading going to the store after a long day at work and trying to come up with something when I came across this recipe in Ina's new book, How Easy Is That? And, let me tell you it certainly is EASY! I had everything in my fridge and pantry and dinner was ready in a snap!!
You can find this recipe on page 120 of her new book. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts because that is what I had, but you could use boneless with the skin on for more flavor. I also added a tad bit of rosemary.
Serves 4
Ingredients:
at least 1/4 c Olive Oil
9 gloves minced garlic
1/3 cup dry white wine. I used Chateau Ste. Michelle's Chardonnay
zest from 2 lemons
1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
Sprinkle of dried oregano
Leaves from 8 sprigs of thyme
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
Kosher salt and Freshly ground pepper
4 chicken breasts
1 lemon

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
In a saucepan, heat over low heat the olive oil and garlic. Just for about a minute or so. Don't burn the garlic! Burnt garlic is soo pukey! Remove the pan from heat and add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and rosemary.
Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and salt and pepper them on both sides. Drizzle some wine straight from the bottle over the chicken. Pour the olive oil mixture over the breasts. Cut a lemon into 8 wedges and tuck in with the chicken. Garnish with extra sprigs of thyme. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Once finished cooking, cover with foil and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Serve hot with crusty white bread and rice. Drizzle pan juices over chicken on plate.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie, I am still enjoying your recipes, so much! I have a question about the amount of water needed for the rice dish. Is it according to the rice directions or did you make allowances for the wine? Wishing you and Brian a Happy Thanksgiving.....heard you were having some visitors, soon. =)

    ReplyDelete