Monday, September 13, 2010

This Week's Grocery List

Don't judge my photography skills. I can cook, but I am not a food stylist. Bear with me, maybe I will improve. ..
What I'm Cooking This Week:
1. Roasted Veggie and Goat Cheese Sandwich on Rustic Italian Bread
2. Rotini with Cherry Tomatoes, Broccoli, and Arugula and Lemon Cream Sauce
3. Little Peach "Pies"
4. Mexican Steak Salad with Fire Roasted Veggies
5. Turkey Sliders
I usually make Monday thru Saturday lists and head to the grocery store to pick up my items. But, I find that I often switch around which days I actually cook each meal. Therefore, I will post a list of what I am making, but in no particular order:) Usually grocery lists posted will be in addition to what is already in the pantry. This week I will write a complete list, assuming you have some basics like Olive Oil and Salt and Pepper, etc.

Grocery List
Summer Squash
Red Peppers
Zucchini
Romaine Lettuce
Can of Green Chili's (fire roasted)
Herdez Salsa Verde
Flank Steak
Cotija/Mexican Cheese
2 Chicken Breasts
Ground Turkey Breast
Mayo
Italian Bread: Rustic or Ciabatta
Goat Cheese
Tomatoes on the Vine
Cherry Tomatoes
Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Heavy Cream
Lemons
Small Dinner Rolls: Challah
Red Onion
Rotini
Flour
Sugar
Unsalted Butter
Peaches
Cinammon
Sugar
Arugula
Yellow Onion
Brie

Again, I can't stress stocking up your pantry. My actual grocery list was quite a bit shorter, and I only spent $60 at the store this week. (And I shopped at Whole Foods buying mostly organic!) That includes buying for other meals that won't be posted!! I suggest buying things like specialty cheeses and meats at Costco, as their prices are so much cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment