Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mucho Problemas

Okay. Blogging takes work. Blogging about food takes making dinner, or breakfast or lunch. Taking notes in a notebook. Baking the food, cooking the food. Taking pictures of the food. I mentioned a few weeks ago the probs with my computer and oven and camera. Here is the thing...my computer is still broken in a drawer, un-fixable. And, my oven. My black little rental oven- is in absolute dire straights. It goes like this: I pick up some meat to roast, some fish to fry and say a prayer that the Lord faithfully makes my oven not have SBS (spontaneous broiler syndrome). Sometimes, my incessant prayers work. A lot of times, they don't.
Take last week, for example. SBS occurred within 3 mintues of roasting Turbot. (that's fish for all who were curious)!! Then the disobedient oven shut off. I cooked the rest of the fish in an OFF oven. How, exactly, do I share a recipe for fish cooked in an overheated OFF oven??? Should I have you do the same?? (Heat your oven, the spontaneously kick on your broiler, then turn it off and guess when it's done???:) I don't think so.
Maybe this week I will get my computer fixed, maybe my oven, maybe my camera.
I just wanted to let you know that my ongoing absence is more a phase due to crappy appliances, rather than an absence of neglect.

No comments:

Post a Comment