Monday, April 4, 2011

Greek-ish Scramble


They say that every 7 years our taste buds change, allowing us to try (and like) new flavors we might have previously dismissed. I also think it works in reverse and flavors that were once yummy become yucky. The past 6 months I have been opposed to eggs. I think it is the reverse taste bud phenom. I always have loved eggs and would, 100% of the time, choose eggy savory breakfast dishes over the sweet sugary ones. Now, eggs are kind of sicking me out. Regardless, I do make eggs on the weekends, hoping that my taste buds haven't betrayed me. This was a concoction that I did enjoy, eggs and all.
Serves 2

Ingredients
5 eggs
1/4 cup milk
Salt
Pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 red onion, chopped tiny
1 jarred roasted pepper, chopped
1/4 c chopped Kalamata olives
1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
baby arugula, one handful per plate


Heat butter in pan over medium heat. In a bowl combine eggs, milk and sprinkle in salt and pepper. Mix with a fork. Pour egg mixture into pan with the heat on med-low. Gently mix in onion, peppers and olives. Cook until eggs are set, mixing ingredients into a scramble. Divide between 2 plates. One each plate top the eggs with a handful of arugula and the feta crumbles. Salt the greens and serve hot with a cup of joe.

1 comment:

  1. me too! I can't do eggs very well lately and it's driving me crazy. This looks awesome though and I will be trying it!

    ReplyDelete